In order to insure the safety and health of all students and staff, students who have any of the following conditions will be excluded from the classroom until either the condition subsides, is no longer contagious, or a note is received from the student’s doctor stating that the student may return to school. All students MUST go through the health room in order to go home due to an illness. The nurse or health aide will assess the student and will call a parent/guardian.
An oral temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or more.
• Severe congestion, complaints of chest discomfort.
• Difficulty breathing or untreated wheezing.
• An unexplained rash.
• Thick green drainage from the nose for 3 days or more.
• Cuts or openings on the skin that is pus-filled or oozing.
• Head lice or nits – Please contact your building health aide if you child has head lice.
• A diagnosed communicable disease or suspected signs of a communicable disease.
• Red, mattering (eyelashes stuck together), itchy/watery eyes.
• If he/she is too sick to be comfortable at school.
• Vomiting more than once in the last 24 hours.
• Diarrhea within the last 24 hours.
• A frequent, persistent cough that may be disruptive to classmates.
• Persistent pain (ear, stomach, etc.).